Cady’s Cookies is a new cookie shop located in Topeka, Kansas that will sell an assortment of homemade cookies. Each cookie is made with quality ingredients and is baked fresh daily. Cady’s Cookies will sell a daily assortment of cookie types as well as be able customized cookie orders and cookie cakes. The cookie shop will also sell cookie gift boxes where customers will be able to choose their own assortment. Cady’s Cookies will be located in a popular retail shopping strip of Topeka, Kansas where it will be centrally located to the area’s most frequented shopping and dining destinations.
Cady’s Cookies will target the entire population of Topeka as most people love a good, homemade cookie. It will target families, schools, churches, sports teams, students, and busy professionals. Cookie boxes make an excellent gift for any occasion and they bring a smile to anyone’s face on any given day. Cady’s Cookies is proud to become the newest local establishment that is sure to brighten up the community!
The following are the cookie flavors to be offered by Cady’s Cookies:
- Chocolate chip
- Macadamia nut with white chocolate
- Oatmeal raisin walnut
- Peanut butter
- Double chocolate
- Cinnamon & sugar
- Cookie cakes (made as a customizable order with any flavor cookie)
- Holiday cookies made with seasonal ingredients
Cady’s Cookies will target the population of Topeka, Kansas. Since most people love a great homemade cookie, most residents will be a target demographic for Cady’s Cookies. She will target families, students, all business professionals in all industries, schools, etc.
Cady’s Cookies will be owned and operated by lead baker, Cady Calhoun. Cady will bake and manage the cookie shop daily. She will be in charge of training her other bakers her recipes so they can alternate making the wide assortment of cookies that will be baked and served fresh daily. She will also manage inventory, product ordering, bookkeeping, and social media advertising. She will also dedicate time every day to provide customer service to make sure that each one of her customers is completely satisfied with their order.
The following success factors will set Cady’s Cookies apart from the competition:
- Freshly made cookies that are baked to perfection daily.
- Customizable cookies and cookie cakes for any occasion.
- Convenient location: Cady’s Cookies will be located in a highly-trafficked intersection that is easy to drive in and out of on any given day.
- Customizable gift boxes and gift sets available.
- Free delivery available within a 10-mile radius of the cookie shop.
Cady’s Cookies is seeking $50,000 in debt financing to open its start-up cookie shop. The funding will be dedicated for the build-out and design of the shop, kitchen, as well as the baking supplies and equipment, working capital, three months worth of payroll expenses and opening inventory. The breakout of the funding is below:
- Cookie Shop Build-Out and Design – $25,000
- Kitchen supplies and equipment – $10,000
- Opening product inventory – $5,000
- Working capital (to include 3 months of overhead expenses) – $5,000
- Social media targeted ads – $5,000
The following graph outlines the pro forma financial projections for Cady’s Cookies: