Juice Bar Executive Summary
Nectar Gods Juice Bar is a start-up juice bar business located in St. George, Utah. It will offer a variety of natural, fresh, and whole ingredients to make freshly-made juices that are packed with a variety of fruits and vegetables. Aside from the variety of juices, Nectar Gods Juice Bar will also offer juice cleanses, wheatgrass shots, and acai bowls.
Nectar Gods Juice Bar will be located in a trendy, well-trafficked area of St. George that is already home to numerous high-end retail shopping and dining. It will be in a shopping retail strip that is located right next to a large, big box gym and also neighbors a high-end athletic clothing store. Nectar Gods Juice Bar will target males and females of St. George who maintains an active and healthy lifestyle and will work to target those individuals who may be interested in losing weight to enhance their life and will want to consume more healthy dietary options. Owned by St. George native Sandy Moore, a registered dietician and nutritionist, Sandy hopes not only serve the freshest juices using the finest ingredients, but educate the community as well on the benefits of maintaining a healthy lifestyle through juicing.
The following are the products to be offered by Nectar Gods Juice Bar:
- Variety of all-natural juices
- Wheatgrass shots
- Juice cleanses (packages of 6)
- Acai bowls
- Add-ins such as chia seeds, spirulina, flax seed, etc.
Nectar Gods Juice Bar will target adult men and women between the ages of 18 – 65 who enjoy and maintain an active lifestyle. This demographic will be frequent gym goers and people who enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, cycling, and swimming. Nectar Gods Juice Bar also hopes to attract those who want to seek out an active and healthy lifestyle and would like to begin making positive changes to their diet.
Nectar Gods Juice Bar is solely owned and operated by St. George native Sandy Moore. She will develop the juice, cleansing, and acai bowl menus as well as hire and train all staff. Sandy will be in charge of fruit and vegetable inventory, menu offerings, and be in charge of marketing on social media. She will work in conjunction with the marketing company as well as local accounting firm to ensure compliance with tax regulations, permitting, and budgeting/forecasting for cash flow purposes.
The following success factors will set Nectar Gods Juice Bar apart from the competition:
- Fresh juices made with locally sourced ingredients found exclusively in Utah.
- Affordable juice cleansing options.
- All menu items are served fast and fresh.
- Membership program to reward frequent and loyal customers.
- Food and wellness education classes are held onsite monthly for free.
Nectar Gods Juice Bar is seeking $185,000 in debt financing to open its start-up juice bar. The funding will be dedicated for the build-out and design of the juice bar, equipment and supplies, working capital, three months worth of payroll expenses and opening inventory. The breakout of the funding is below:
- Juice Bar Build-Out and Design – $125,000
- Juice Bar supplies – $20,000
- Opening inventory – $15,000
- Working capital (to include 3 months of overhead expenses) – $15,000
- Marketing (advertising agency) – $5,000
- Accounting firm (3 months worth and establishment/permitting of business) – $5,000
The following graph outlines the pro forma financial projections for Nectar Gods Juice Bar: