Franchise Business Plan
You’ve come to the right place to create your business plan.
We have helped over 10,000 entrepreneurs and business owners with how to create a franchise business plan to start or grow their franchises.
How To Write a Franchise Business Plan & Sample
Below is are links to each section of a franchise business plan example to help you start your own franchise business:
- Executive Summary – This section provides a high-level overview of your business plan. It should include your company’s mission statement, as well as information on the products or services you offer, your target market, and your business goals and objectives.
- Company Overview – This section provides an in-depth look at your company, including information on your franchise’s history, franchise business model, ownership structure, and management team. You will also include a copy of your franchise agreement.
- Industry Analysis – In this section, you will provide an overview of the industry in which your franchise will operate.
- Customer Analysis – In this section, you will describe your target market and explain how you intend to reach them. You will also provide information on your customers’ needs and buying habits.
- Competitive Analysis – This section will provide an overview of your competition, including their strengths and weaknesses. It will also discuss your competitive advantage and how you intend to differentiate your franchise from the competition.
- Marketing Plan – In this section, you will detail your marketing strategy, including your marketing initiatives and promotion plans. You will also discuss your pricing strategy and how you intend to position your own business in the market.
- Operations Plan – This section will provide an overview of your store’s operations, including your store layout, staff, and inventory management.
- Management Team – In this section, you will provide information on your management team, their experience, and their roles in the company.
- Financial Plan – This section includes your company’s financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement). It also includes information on how much funding you require and the use of these funds.
Franchise Business Plan FAQs
What Is a Franchise Business Plan?
A business plan is a plan to start and/or grow your franchise. Among other things, it outlines your business concept, identifies your target customers, presents your marketing plan and details your financial projections.
You can easily complete your business plan using our Franchise Business Plan Template here.
What Are the Main Types of a Franchise?
About any type of business can be franchised. Franchises are categorized according to different factors like investment level, franchisor’s strategy, business operations, and marketing and relationship models. The most common types of franchises are job franchise, product or distribution franchise, business format franchise, investment franchise, and conversion franchise.
What Are the Main Sources of Revenues and Expenses for a Franchise?
The main source of revenue for a business franchise are franchise fees and royalty fees. Some also earn from other fees like distribution fees, site assistance fees, training fees, technologies, and rebates.
The key expenses for franchises are inventory, payroll, marketing and advertising, rent and loans.
How Do You Get Funding for Your Franchise?
Among the most common sources of funding for a franchising business are commercial bank loans, Small Business Administration (SBA) loans, personal savings and friends and family loans/gifts. There are also lenders that can supplement other loans with equipment financing and business lines of credit for franchise businesses.
This is true for a business plan for a franchise restaurant, a business plan for franchise store, or any other franchise business plans.