Pegasus Hotel is a startup full-service independent luxury hotel in Austin, Texas. Owned by two local businessmen, Frank Girard and Miles Butler, it will serve the new up and coming district of the outskirts of Austin and cater to the locals and travelers who crave a luxurious and relaxing atmosphere. Pegasus Hotel will be a 10-story, 360-room hotel with a five-star restaurant and bar, relaxing pool and spa, 20,00 square feet of meeting and event space, a spacious and fully-equipped fitness center, and a view of scenic Austin. Pegasus Hotel will hold weddings and events, meetings, retreats, and those looking to unwind and be pampered while staying at the hotel. The service and amenities will be first class and the concierge will treat guests with extreme care and ensure guest satisfaction is held at an exceptional standard..
The following are the services and amenities that Pegasus Hotel will provide:
- 354 luxury rooms, two presidential suites, and four parlor suites
- Olympic size pool with adjacent hot tubs and surrounding cabanas
- First-class full-service spa
- First-class restaurant and bar
- Spacious fitness center
- Over 20,000 square feet of attractive meeting space for events
- Concierge and butler service
- Complimentary wifi
- Valet service
- Laundry service
- Business center
Pegasus Hotel will target the population of Austin, Texas, its surrounding communities, and travelers visiting Austin for work or play. Guests will be mid to high level income, enjoy traveling, enjoy visiting spas and high-end restaurants, and work in the corporate or government sector.
Pegasus Hotel will be owned by Frank Girard and Miles Butler. They will act in an Owner capacity, and will not be involved in the day to day operations of the hotel. Frank and Miles will hire the appropriate staff to ensure Pegasus Hotel is a profitable and successful business.
Lorenzo Falucci, General Manager, has over twenty years of experience in the hotel industry. He has most recently managed another independent boutique hotel in New York and was excited to be recruited by Frank and Miles to operate the Pegasus Hotel.
Lorenzo will hire Lisa Montgomery as the Director of Sales and David Jimenez as the Assistant General Manager. Lorenzo, Lisa, and David will be the senior management team of Pegasus Hotel. They will oversee all other department managers – Maintenance, Housekeeping, Front Desk/Guest Relations, and Food and Beverage. Each department manager will oversee various employees in their respective department and role. The Pegasus Hotel will have a large and sophisticated operation as each department is integral in the success of the hotel.
Pegasus Hotel will be able to achieve success by offering the following competitive advantages:
- Friendly, attentive, and highly responsive staff that caters to each guest and will be able to provide the best guest experience possible.
- Luxurious amenities throughout the hotel that will make each guest feel pampered.
- Modern and contemporary designed hotel tucked against a beautiful Texas landscape perfectly suited to host any event.
- Competitive rates and frequent guest discounts.
Pegasus Hotel is seeking $10,000,000 in debt financing to begin constructing the hotel and commence operations of the business. The funding will be dedicated towards securing the land lease and the hotel build-out and design. Funding will also be dedicated towards three months of overhead costs to include payroll of the staff, furniture, fixtures, and equipment, initial inventory, and working capital. The breakout of the funding is below:
- Secure the land lot, architecture, build-out, and design: $6,000,000
- Hotel furniture, fixtures, and equipment: $2,000,000
- Initial inventory: $750,000
- Three months of overhead expenses (payroll, rent, utilities): $1,000,000
- Marketing & advertising: $150,000
- Working capital: $100,000
The following graph below outlines the pro forma financial projections for Pegasus Hotel.