The following will be the operations plan for VB Residential Construction Company.
- Victor Martinez and Ben Schmidt will be the owners and managers of the company. They will oversee all staff, contractors, and subcontractors. They will also act as project managers for every job they receive and handle all pricing and bids to the client.
- Victor and Ben will employ a team of contractors under them that will have an array of skill sets. The contractors will be trained and experienced either in plumbing, mechanical, electrical, roofing, or siding. Not all contractors need to be certified in all trades, but they need to be certified in at least one of the trades.
- Office manager/assistant to be located at the small office. This person will handle all incoming calls, assist with visiting clients, bookkeeping and maintain files.
- Victor and Ben will utilize a third-party human resources company to handle all hiring, onboarding, payroll, and benefits for the staff. The HR company will also handle all employee issues.
- Victor and Ben will also pay a third-party accounting firm to manage all the high level accounting and tax payments.
VB Residential Construction Company will have the following milestones complete in the next six months.
3/1/202X – Finalize contract to lease small office space
3/15/202X – Execute advertising agency contract
4/1/202X – Begin networking and placing bids for construction jobs
5/1/202X – Begin recruiting and hiring team of contractors
5/15/202X – Purchase all necessary construction equipment, supplies, and trucks
6/1/202X – Start on first official job as VB Residential Construction Company