Highball Liquor Store is a locally established retail liquor store located in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
The store is founded by Joey Spaglio, a retired United States Marine who has recently retired from his service and will use his career savings to open up a liquor store in his hometown of New Brunswick. Joey has been educated on all kinds of beer, wine, and liquor during his years of living overseas and all over the country. He has become passionate about his wealth of alcohol knowledge and wants to make owning and operating a liquor store his second career.
Highball Liquor Store will carry spirits, beer, and wine to suit all budgets. We will have a wide selection of premium and standard liquor, craft and domestic beer, and a large assortment of red wine, white wine, sparkling wine, rose/blush wine, and champagne. Pricing will be on par with competitors and we will run monthly and weekly specials on select alcohol. Highball Liquor Store will also offer a membership club for frequent visitors to redeem points for discounted items.
The following are the products to be offered by Highball Liquor Store:
- Red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Malbec, Merlot, Zinfandel)
- White wine (Moscato, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Riesling)
- Sparkling wine
- Rose/Blush wine
- Spirits (Bourbon, Gin, Rum, Scotch, Tequila, Vodka)
- Beer (IPA, Lager, Pale Ale, Stout)
Highball Liquor Store will focus on the population of New Brunswick, New Jersey. The customers will be from the local Rutgers University community, residents living in and around the city, and the large population of blue collar and white collar workers.
Joey Spaglio will primarily manage and operate the store himself. He realizes the commitment it will take to ramp up and stabilize the business and is willing to work 6 of the 7 days the store will be open. Joey will be in charge of inventory, ordering, payroll and managing the staff.
Highball Liquor Store is primed for success by offering the following competitive advantages:
- Ultra-convenient retail location that serves the majority of the New Brunswick population.
- Competitive pricing and membership rewards program.
- A selection of beer, wine, and liquor that isn’t sold and available in the New Brunswick area. Joey will work with different distributors to bring select alcohol from other parts of the country and world.
Highball Liquor Store is seeking $150,000 in debt financing to open its liquor store location in New Brunswick, New Jersey. The funding will be dedicated for leasehold improvements, design, working capital, and opening inventory. The breakout of the funding is below:
- Store design/build: $50,000
- Opening inventory: $75,000
- Working capital: $25,000
The following graph below outlines the pro forma financial projections for Highball Liquor Store.